What Autism Has Taught Me
- Don’t whine
- Stop complaining
- Stop asking, “Why me?”
- You will see what you open your eyes to
- Stop making excuses
- Get out of the denial pity party
- Stand up
- Advocate for your child and other children if needed
- Every child has equal value
- Every child deserves to feel valued by their family, their community and their school
- Autistm can be quiet but it can also be absolutely stunning and brilliant
What I know for CERTAIN about autism
- Autism is my adversary.
- Autism is my friend.
- Its presence in my life makes me stronger, better, more complete as a person and a mom.
- I am better for having known, fought and loved autism and autism is better for knowing me as well.
- I have not let it walk in quietly.
- I have fought it, pushed it back, thrown it down and some days have embraced it.
- We are at peace with one another.
I love autism.